Saturday 9 January 2016

New Year, New Start, Same Old Resolutions?


Happy New Year!

Reflecting back on 2015, it was for the most part a good year.  No year is without its difficulties but in comparison to previous years it was certainly one of the better ones!  

It strikes me that most people are glad to see that back of a year when the time comes, looking forward to a new year and a fresh start.  A year is a long time, with ups and downs just part of life.

In keeping with positivity that I feel at the moment, I wanted to reflect on the good things that happened in 2015, I started a new job which I am enjoying and we had some fabulous holidays this year including a great trip back to the UK where we got to see lots of family and friends.  

The boys have hit an age where you can speak to them and find out how their brains work.  I find it fascinating as they get to grips with the English language.  I love this age, it is my favourite so far, although my husband will say that I have said that at every age - I do not remember saying it in the first few months though that is for sure!  

I am looking forward to 2016, I can't wait to continue to explore this amazing and complicated world with the boys.  

As for resolutions, I did start the year with the usual, lose weight (a must after the Christmas indulgence), do more exercise, eat better.... in other words the same old resolutions that I have every year.  However, I have decided that instead of this my resolution is to enjoy each day with the boys, yes even when my patience is running thin....


No comments:

Post a Comment