Tuesday 19 January 2016

The funny things 3-year-olds say - Part 1

As the boys are getting older, I am continually fascinated by their take on the world. They seem so grown up in some ways.  The other thing I have noticed is how hard the English language is to understand.

Bob L and Bob D are both in German Kindergarten so are trying to get to grips with two languages - well I say trying but it seems to come pretty naturally to them, unlike me!

Over the past few months I have been keeping a selection of my favourite quotes so far:

1. me: "Give it some welly", Bob: "Please can you get me my wellies then"

2. me: "it drives me up the wall", Bob: "Which one mummy?"

3. me: "you are my son and I am your mummy", Bob: "silly mummy, the sun is high in the sky and I am down here on the floor"

It has proved to me that getting to grips with language is hard, in English one word can mean so many different things.

Cant wait to see what the boys have to say next!

No comments:

Post a Comment