Saturday 14 November 2015

Wine Wonderland



When we found out we were moving to Germany I did have a concern as the Germans are not known for there wine. Whilst the hubby was thrilled at trying out all the German beers and experiencing Oktoberfest I thought, as a wine lover, what about me??

So imagine my surprise when I heard they held an annual wine festival. Every September the town centre is transformed into a wine wonderland, which was music to my ears!  For the festival the town is transformed with many stalls; all offering a fine selection of wines and food. The atmosphere is reminiscent of the Christmas markets, friendly and relaxed.

But what about the rest of the year I wondered....  until we discovered Jacques!  Jacques is a wine warehouse; although I fear calling it this doesn't do it justice. Visiting Jacques is an experience, the staff are very friendly, with lots of wine available from the reasonably priced, to the 'special occasion' bottles. You can ask to try any wine before you buy and as a member you get all sorts of perks, from a free bottle of wine some visits to wine tasting evenings. 

Suffice to say my fears have been calmed and I dispute the argument that Germany is just a beer drinking country! 


No comments:

Post a Comment